Through advocacy, support and empowerment, the San Francisco State University Guardian Scholars Program engages current and former foster youth in attaining college degrees, stable housing, and career path employment. The program is committed to graduating and empowering these young people to become self-supporting community leaders and to become competent professionals in their fields of interest.
Guardian Scholars partners with on-campus departments and off-campus social service groups to ensure a pipeline for SF State eligible youth in foster care. Services for students include:
• Case managers who monitor and support academic progress
• Mental health services
• A vibrant community and cohort of mentors and fellow students
• Priority registration for classes
• Job and internship opportunities
• Renewable scholarship opportunities specific to SF State Guardian Scholars Program students
Guardian Scholars is solely funded by private donations and grants. To support this unique program, please contact Tina Frank at email@example.com or (415) 388-6127.